Yvette measures 73.5cm in height, 9kg in weight and her foot is 11cm long at one. (est.)
She put on barely 1.5kg since we weighted on her 9th month Assessment. She is a fussy/small eater; active baby and teething (her first molar is coming out soon) could be one of the reasons slowing down her weight gain. Her weight seemed to be an issue to me at least but I know deep inside my heart, she is ok.
She “Can” Motor Skills
- She is able to sit confidently by herself.
- She can crawl really fast now. She even tried to climb up a sofa and out of the cot. This is really scary.
- She is able to pull herself from lying position to sitting position and to standing position. (Using horitzonal or vertical surface)
- With some help from me, she is able to remove her clothes herself. Today she surprised me by removing her sock all by herself.
- She can grasp a 1.5L of half filled bottle very well let alone holding her own cup.
- She is able to drink from a cup by me holding the drinking cup for her.
- Pushes, throws, knocks down everything in sight
- She loves to brush her teeth by her own. (I am serious.)
- Whenever I want to comb her hair, she will reach out for the comb and try to it herself. (Although she is not doing it correctly.)
- She can wave bye bye, clap her hand (her fav. Action now) and Hi-fi (learnt in GUG.)
- She “dances” to her fav. music
- She loves to throw everything onto the floor now.
- She enjoys imitating people.
She “Can’t” Motor Skills
- She can’t balance herself
- She hates cruising now. (After two bad falls.)
- She can’t walk yet.
- She is not potty trained yet. (Starting soon. Worry and scare. Haha)
- She still can’t/don’t know how to feed herself. (She surprised me and did this today. Check it out in next entry.)
Language and Emotions
- She can say word eg. Star, YeYe, Bye Bye and understand the meaning.
- She can say “mama” and “dada” to us and knows what they mean.
- She shakes her head to tell me she had enough particularly on food and water.
- She split out food that she dislikes and she had enough.
- She understands and shakes her backside when her papa tells her to do so.
- She understands “no”.
- She loves to use her index finger to point to object and onto the floor.
- She hates to stay in a room without me most of the time.
- She hates to wake up without seeing me beside her.
- She knows how to signal to her papa to carry her to me. (She will “throw” herself to papa’s arm and make “rat face.”)
- She used to smile a lot to stranger, now seldom.
- She hates water get into her eye. (Sometimes, I still need to carry her when I wash her hair.)
- She don’t cry for very long when she hurt herself, eg fall, (less than 5 mins) but she can cry for very long when her mood is bad.
- She got 8 teeth in total. And she loves to bite herself now. (Nightmare)
- She is able to sleep by her own without me rocking her.
- She is still having two naps but dropping one very soon.
- She is not on any TV program yet.
- She is not focusing much when she is attending class.
Her Food and Her Eating Habit
- She loves breast milk the best.
- She loves banana, plum, papaya, white rice and tofu.
- She hates avocado and formula milk.
- She only can sit on the high chair for breakfast but not lunch and dinner.
Frisocrem, Brown Rice Cereal, Nestle Rice (I add formula milk when giving her this), Nestle Gold Oats with Prune, Organic baby Oat from Origins, Nestle Multi Grain & Mixed fruits. (I had just given her this today.)
Nestle Multi Grain & Mixed fruits
White Rice, Barley, Chwee Kueh, Mee Tai Mak, Zhu Chang Fe, Brown Rice, Bread,
Fine Multi Grains (from Greenmax www.greenmax.com.tw – Ingredients: Australia Brown Rice, Job’s Tear, Sorghum Rice, Barley, Buckwheat, Pearl Rice, Gordon Euryale Seeds, millet, wheat, oat, black glutinous rice)
Avocado, Apple, Apricot (Dried), Banana, Grape, (Raisin), Honey Dew, Mango, Papaya, Pear (Green and Yellow skin), Peach, Nectarines, Orange, Plum, Prune, Strawberry, Rock melon, Water melon, Wolfberries (Dried)
Meat & Protein:
Ikan Bilis ((Dried) as soup based.) Threadfin Fish, Cod Fish, Salmon (Yvette don’t like this anymore), Chicken, Pork, Scallop ((Dried) as soup based), Tofu, Egg-yolk
Gerber Graduates Puffs, Baby Bites, Organix Goodies – Organic Alphabet Biscuits (Given and recommended by my neighbour, it won Mother & Baby Gold Awards for 07/08)
Organix Goodies – Organic Alphabet Biscuits
Aspragus, Broccoli, Carrot, Cauliflower, Corn, Celery, French Bean, Long Bean, Onion, Peas, Potato, Sweet Potato (Purple and Orange skin),Pumpkin, Spinach, Xiao Bai Cai, Cai Xin, Tomato, Radish
Black bean soup, lotus root soup, Radish Soup, all kind of vegetable soups, potato spinach soup
And what’s Next?
I have added one new type of cereal and one new snack for Yvette. We have decided to give Yvette Supplement too. Children’s Chewable Multi-Vitamin and Mineral from Vita Kids (They are located in United Square, Paragon o & Forum) and Scott’s Emulsion Cod Liver oil Original. I am still thinking should I give Minty Ginger (Digestive support formula) (This is for child with poor eating habit like Yvette) and Sambucol (Immune Protect Liquid for kids)
Children’s Chewable Multi-Vitamin and Mineral
I am not going to make many changes to her meal. Trial and error on the food is still needed. Moving forward, I am now allowing her to eat food that I cook for dinner and share food with me. Believe me I can drink coffee without sugar (of course I am not letting her to drink my coffee. And due to breast feeding I am not taking coffee daily too.) Quoting the above, I merely wanted to say, I am someone who takes very little sugar and very min. salt. I will be even being more conscious over those ingredients I used when I cook for the entire family including my precious, Yvette.