Here are 40 Rules to Follow in order to have a successful and happy life.
1. Drink plenty of water. – I am doing it now.
2. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a beggar. –Working toward this.
3. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants. – We are already doing this long ago.
4. Live with the 3 E’s — Energy, Enthusiasm, and Empathy. – I am a strong believer for this.
5. Make time to practice meditation, yoga, and prayer. – I hope I will love yoga one day.
6. Play more games. – Games? Not so much into gaming now! Haha… I wonder this is referring to sport or TV game.
7. Read more books than you did in 2008. – I started to pick up my habit on reading since last year and still reading the same book. However I have brought a few new books on parenting and will continue to read as much as I could.
8. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day. – I started to have some santity after I went back to workforce.
9. Sleep for at least 7 hours. – Yes… I am sleeping more now.
10. Take a 10-30 minutes walk every day. And while you walk, smile. – I smile more now. I hope to start this walking routine soon.
11. Don’t compare your life to others’. You have no idea what their journey is all about. – I am always contented with what I have to agree I should not judge.
12. Don’t have negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment. – Learning.
13. Don’t over do. Keep your limits. – Trying my best to put in the best effort I could in every task I take up.
14. Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does. – Oh well, I am a serious person!
15. Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip. – Very true!
16. Dream more while you are awake. – I do love to daydream from time to time.
17. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need. – Yes.
18. Forget issues of the past. Don’t remind your partner with his/her mistakes of the past. That will ruin your present happiness. – Everyone knows this but it is hard to achieve.
19. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Don’t hate others. – I don’t hate anyone but I do find hard to forgive.
20. Make peace with your past so it won’t spoil the present. – What is past is past.
21. No one is in charge of your happiness except you. – Very true.
22. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
23. Smile and laugh more. – Very hard for me to smile if I am not in the right mood.
24. You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
25. Call your family often.
26. Be gentle with the earth.
27. Forgive everyone for everything.
28. Spend time with people over the age of 70 & under the age of 6. – How to disagree on this.
29. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
30. What other people think of you is none of your business.
31. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
32. Share your knowledge. It’s a way to achieve immortality. – Haha… no way to achieve immortality. But I do agree there is a need to share knowledge. That’s the reason I blog.
33. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
34. Believe in the power of faith. – I believe in myself.
35. However good or bad a situation is, it will change. – Agree.
36. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
37. Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.
38. If you mess up, it’s no one’s fault, so don’t whine about your mistakes, learn from them.
39. Your Inner most is always happy. So, be happy. – In general, I am a happy person.
40. Share “I cans” with other people – make them feel like they can do anything too.
At one time or another we have all said “if I only knew then what I know now…”; now is your chance to share. What if your one rule for life?