P/S: You might want to read why I started to record this entry monthly here.
1. What were the major event/s for the month?
- Celebrated FIL’s 84th Birthday at home.
- Celebrated D’s 40 Birthday. (Actually his birthday is 3rd Sept but then the celebration was with extended family. There will be more celebrations in this coming month as Sept is the most Celebration months.)
2. What were the outings we had?
- We went Toa Payoh Town Park to see Tortoise
3. Anything new things we did or tried?
- I went Singapore Indoor Stadium to watch Table Tennis with Yvette. (YOG)
- We have play dates in the North and went Admiralty Sanctuary Park.
- We went Punggol Park and Punggol Jetty
- I went Esplanade to watch PLAYtime! The Magic Island with Yvette.
- We tried out the Buffet @ Kublai Khan Mongolian BBQ at Park Mall.
- We go Karaoke with our extended family to celebrate D’s birthday.
4. Any new learning curriculum for Yvette?
- Introducing her new toys on learning Maths.
- Started to stress on word learning with Yvette which I never did in the past. I need to make it fun if not the ending will be backfired because Yvette didn’t like to be tested and reconfirmed her knowledge and understand again and again by me.
5. What was the family health stats for the month?
We are in pink!
6. What were my accomplishments this month?
- I finally typed out all the posts of our last trip.
- I also started to sleep earlier and not waking up in the middle of the night to catch up “Me-Time”. I changed my routine. I choose to sleep earlier and wake up early in the morning instead. For the past 1 week, (not including weekends,) I slept around 11 pm to 2 am (depending if I really have anything else to catch up at night) and wakes up around 6 am in the morning. Instead of preparing the food in the afternoon, now I cook the soup and keep in the thermal pot in the morning so that I can rest in the afternoon with Yvette or catch up some “Me-Time”.
- P/S: Steamed food in the thermal taste as good even it’s kept in the pot for more than 8 hours.
7. What surprised me this month?
- Yvette could read Chinese characters and Yvette started to recognise more words.
- Yvette could eat like an elephant.
8. What were my disappointments this month?
We cancelled our plan to go holiday – Sabah during this Sept School holiday due to my FIL’s health. Not too sure when can we go holiday again. 😦 (Really hope there will be a alternatively plan for us.)
9. Any other events happened but I did not record here?
- Set up aquarium at home but too bad our fishes didn’t survive. My condolences to D!
- She had heaps of fun playing water in Vivo City.
- We tried this Steamboat at AMK Central Blk 712.
- We caught many rounds of Firework due to National Day and YOG at home.
- Love this picture taken at John Little in Marina Square.
10. Favourite picture of Yvette with any extended family members.
11. Favourite picture of Yvette with D or myself.
12. Favourite Family picture for the month of August.
13. Any goals for September?
- To go gyms. Yvette will be attending school this month and I will be free in the morning. I hope I can spend some of my free time doing exercise and losing some weight gain during World Cup Season!
- To start preparing new homeschooling materials so that I can start my new curriculum with Yvette. (Hopefully I can get it start when she turns 29 mths.)