This tour was arranged several weeks ago before National Day. We wanted to bring Yvette to somewhere to see firework and experience the atmosphere of National Day with some crowd. (The excitement of watching the firework and the NDP will not be the same if we do it at home. Oh Yes, we can see firework from our flat.)
As we don’t drive, logistic will be a problem for us. We have to deal with vehicle traffic and as well as human traffic. Kudos to those parents who brought their baby out at this time where everywhere is so crowded. And with haze around, it can be very tough.
I find the easiest way out.
This tour was organized by People Association. We signed up with Teck Ghee CC. (Beside Teck Ghee, Toa Payoh Central CC, Cheng San CC, Tanglin CC, etc were also organizing this Day Tour.)
The itineraries are as follow:Gather at CC at 3.45 pm. Dinner @ Jia Hiang (5 pm in the evening) River Cruise Singapore Flyer
The cost is $38 per person (for Passion Card holder), Yvette is free.
Transportation is provided from point to point. We reached home around 9.30 pm.
Advantages of having a Day Tour
- Does not need to fight with the crowd (It was an organized event; we were given some priority when we were taking the cruise and the flyer.)
- Ferry from point to point.
- Meal is well taken care of. (Please don’t expect too much on the meal. It will not be fantastic. But at least you don’t have to queue for long for your meal in food court even restaurant.)
- If you don’t enjoy in the middle of tour, you can leave anytime. Just need to inform the coordinator as we are in Singapore.
Disadvantages of having a Day Tour
- If you dislike to follow itinerary. It can be very rushed from point to point. And it subject to changes without you knowing it.
- Not suitable for pregnant woman. Very tiring. Roads are closed during National Day; we have to make a detour to the pick-up point for our transportation.
Overall, a little hiccup here and there but it was a good experience. I was never so close to NDP before.