Yvette does not really like to eat porridge. Thus, at the age of 8mths I started to give her pasta. Cooking pasta sauce became a challenge to me. Sometimes I just buy those baby commercial food and mix it with some of the vegetable and meat. Of course I do make my own sauce too.
Here is a recipe created by myself and Yvette like it.
1 onion (finely chopped)
1 stick of celery (finely chopped)
1 mushroom (finely chopped)
1 tomato (remove the seed)
1 slice of pumpkin
1. Boil tomato, potato and pumpkin till soft. (Remove the skin of the tomato.) (Ensure there is sufficient water in the pot for later use.)
2. Add some oil (1 Tsbp). Fry chopped onion, celery and mushroom till cook.
3. Add the pot of tomato, potato and pumpkin in the saucepan and boil together with the chopped onion, celery and mushroom.
4. Add some basil leaves for flavoring.
1. The above portion is for 4 serving and can be freeze in the fridge for 4 weeks.
2. Only meat and cook together with the pasta before giving it to baby for additional protein.
3. You may wish to add some other vegetables like capsicum, carrot, and etc.