Recipe source from First Foods
I was trying to make pancake for Yvette today but I had failed badly. I didn’t use those ready-made pancake batters as most contain salt which is not advisable for baby below one.
3 tries. All pancakes were badly done. So in the end, the batter which I have made, I throw it away. I am not too sure what really went wrong. I remember I used to able to make nice pancakes for my breakfast with those ready-made batter.
I need help.
Is there any kind soul mum who is reading my blog able to give me some tips on making pancake?
Ingredients: (Makes 4)
30g Whole Wheat flour
125ml water (Note: I use formula instead of water)
1tsp Butter or soy oil
1. Mix whole wheat flour and water together in a mixing bowl to get a thin batter of pouring consistency.
2. Heat an iron griddle or non-stick frying pan and grease lightly with butter or oil.
3. Pour a ladle of batter (about 3 Tbsp) on the griddle or pan. With the back of the ladle, spread the batter gently to make a small pancake.
4. Cook until you see small bubbles appearing at the edges, and then flip the pancake to cook the other side until it is golden brown in colour.
5. Remove the pancake from the pan and leave to cool slightly. Repeat to make 4 pancakes.
6. Spread each pancake with 1 Tbsp fruit puree. Roll up, then slice thinly to serve.